Sunday 16 February 2014

Some Finished Objects and Some Objects in the Planning Stage

Finished the apron and made a pair of matching pot holders.  I love the gathered skirt so much!  And the big pockets.  I quilted as I went for the pot holders.  So fast and easy!

Anyway, the gathered waist on the apron got me thinking about some summer dress sewing.  So I dug up some suitable fabrics from my stash.  Three cottons cotton/blends and a lovely border print rayon.  The rayon will gather so beautifully without a lot of bulk.   


It will become my first  Cambie dress.   I just love the waistline and the sweetheart neckline.

 Then I found some floral sheer fabric I bought two years ago.   And a remnant I think would be the perfect lining.  I just have to decide on a style I like.   I like the shape of both dress patterns shown below.  I'd go knee length though.
Least of last was my funny Valentine dress!!   Made from a couple pieces of fabric found at Value Village last fall.  I bought it with the intent of making my granddaughter a Christmas dress otherwise I wouldn't have had any red fabric on hand - I never wear red!  So it was a fun project and I used up every bit of fabric.  The lace has been in my stash for 30 years........

No comments:

Post a Comment