Tuesday 6 May 2014

May Already!! Feeling inspired at last!!!

Where does the time go????  It's already been over a month since I lasted posted.  What have I been up to......well......I confess. I have not been very productive.   Kind of having a hard time getting motivated.....been in the doldrums.  Feeling better now!! Sewing again and crocheting too!! 
 


And I baked some bread....
Got my machines serviced.
Bracelet - Two of my faves...roses and hearts.
Love this colour - a bronzy-pinkish!  Matches a bracelet I made earlier. More to come with bracelet making! 



Healthy Pineapple Oat Muffins

Yield: Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients
  • 1 cup rolled/old-fashioned oats
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoon maple flavouring
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup white or whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup raisins, optional
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.  Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners or spray..
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together oatmeal, pineapple, milk, egg, maple flavouring , oil, raisins and sugar.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt Make a well in the center and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Distribute the batter evenly in12 muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  4. Remove the muffins to a rack to cool completely. They freeze well which means, for me anyway, I have one when the mood strikes not because I see them in the cupboard!   Quite delish indeed!

Started gardening...as weather permits.  For-get-me-nots came up everywhere.
Found some old pins too....very British!
And some old needle cases among my Grandmother's belongings.  I only hope someday my Grand daughter will be thus enthused! 



No comments:

Post a Comment